There’s no doubt that our skin is one of the most important parts of our body. From regulating our temperature by controlling the transfer of heat out of the body, to existing as the body’s first external barrier against bacteria, dirt, and UV radiation, our skin is one of the most complex and important organs in our body. Here are 5 more interesting facts about the largest organ in your body.
Our skin in numbers
- The average adult has approximately 21 square feet of skin, which weighs 9 lbs – that’s the weight of one juicy watermelon
- More than 1,000 species of bacteria live on your skin
- The thickest part of the skin can be found on your feet (1,4mm) and the thinnest on your eyelids (0,2mm – the thickness of two pieces of paper)
- Your skin is made up of about 300 million skin cells and every minute 30,000 dead cells are shed by the skin
- Dead skin comprises about a billion tons of dust in the earth’s atmosphere
Not only is your skin one of the most interesting and complex organs in our body, it is essential in keeping us healthy by producing melanin which absorbs harmful UV radiation, diverting it away from healthy cells. However, an increase in melanin means more pigmentation within your skin, resulting in a darker skin tone, and more obvious pigmentation spots.
We know, we spent four years understanding, testing and learning about every aspect of skin.Through trying to understand how skin works, we came up with The Lightening Serum that works naturally with your skin and gives you the Po3™ power you need to solve pigmentation!
The Lightening Serum reverses the UV radiation damage done on your skin throughout your lifetime by targeting pigmentation at the root cause within your skin. Regardless of whether you have pigmentation issues, take good care of your skin and it will treat you well. We suggest you see a dermatologist at least once a year to keep your largest organ in tip-top condition!
Shop The Lightening Serum here.
Add a Comment